PDA

View Full Version : still having a problem.....dormer opening

ntnik
2007-09-12, 05:41 PM
My dormer roof and main roof are joined. Toggeling between views : attic plan, roof plan, 3d. ( I have to pick the line where the dormer and main roof meet in the 3-d view, all other surfaces to cut with can be selected in either roof plan or attic plan). When i have all the cutting surfaces selected i perfom the cut and get a warning that there is a circular reference detected and no cut is perfomed.

any ideas?

what could be the circular reference?

Rhythmick
2007-09-12, 09:16 PM
My dormer roof and main roof are joined. Toggeling between views : attic plan, roof plan, 3d. ( I have to pick the line where the dormer and main roof meet in the 3-d view, all other surfaces to cut with can be selected in either roof plan or attic plan). When i have all the cutting surfaces selected i perfom the cut and get a warning that there is a circular reference detected and no cut is perfomed.

any ideas?

what could be the circular reference?
You should be able to do a dormer roof cut in the 3d view only. Select the main roof to be cut then select the 3 dormer "walls" (not lines) and the dormer roof, corner trim (join) the sketch lines together and hit finish, that is all their is to it.

Rhythmick
2007-09-12, 09:22 PM
In the future, it is best to reply to your original post rather than start a new post on the same subject.