PDA

View Full Version : 2 Rooms out of Order in Schedule

bcgatti
2007-09-13, 04:47 PM
I'm having difficulty getting a couple of rooms to sort in order on a schedule. They are somewhat non-conforming names, but they are still not being sorting in a logical fashion.

They are both being treated as if they have a leading 000 prior to the room name. I have tried renaming the rooms manually and they still sort out in the wrong locations.

The problem rooms are 1C13A and 4C08. I have room numbers that range from 0004 thru 6052. All other rooms sort by room number and I am unsure why these two rooms will not sort correctly.

I am sorting by Number (Room Number) <1st> and Level <2nd>.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Brett

sbrown
2007-09-13, 05:25 PM
unfortunately this is how revit thinks, ie 1 = 1 foot and 0001=1 foot so as a room number 0001 and 1 are the same number, which is true but obviously not how you want i to behave.

bcgatti
2007-09-13, 05:34 PM
Thanks Scott. Not the answer that I was hoping for - but it was the answer that I expected.

sbrown
2007-09-13, 06:38 PM
What if you prefixed your room numbers with a decimal would that fix it?

bcgatti
2007-09-14, 11:11 AM
No luck, adding a period as a prefix gives the same incorrect sorting results.

Thanks again for the feedback - I'll just accept that these two rooms will be out of order.

aggockel50321
2007-09-14, 12:13 PM
Try this:

Add either an integer or number project parameter to the room category (In attached schedule, I called it Room #).

Select all rooms starting with zero, and assign Room # the value 0. Select the rest, and assign a value to Room # of 1.

In view properties for the schedule, add Room # as a field.

Under the sorting tab, sort first by Room #, then by Number.

Under the formatting tab, make Room # a hidden field (not done in posted attachment).

You'll then get the desired result.

ebtrad
2007-09-14, 12:23 PM
This how I solve Oder problems in my schedules,
I add a new parameter called "ORDER", I populate this parameter by numbering 1,2,3, etc... for each item, then under Sorting/Grouping I sort by Order.
In the attached example, I could not get sheet IT-1 to be the first in the schedule.

ebtrad
2007-09-14, 12:31 PM
One more thing,

After finishing the numbering, and when all the items schedule properly,
Right Click on the order column and "Hide Column"

bcgatti
2007-09-14, 12:47 PM
"andrewg" and "ebtrad" thanks for the information. Your suggestions accomplished exactly what I was looking for.

Brett