PDA

View Full Version : Send to Back - multiple Items

DaveP
2007-09-13, 04:52 PM
Anybody know of a way to select multiple elements and do a "Send to Back"?
We're experimenting with using Repeating Details for Fire Tapes & it looks pretty good - as long as we do a Send To Back after placing them. However, you can only do Send to Back on one thing at a time.

Sure would be nice to pick all of my Smoke Boundary lines & Send them all Back at once.

gbrowne
2007-09-14, 01:03 PM
Yep, asked for this a long time ago.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=16893&highlight=multiple+select

Seems so obvious a requirement to me..

DaveP
2012-07-02, 09:31 PM
Dang it!
I hate it when I'm looking for something, and the first hit is me asking 5 years ago!

patricks
2012-07-03, 08:39 PM
I'm sure ADSK would say "Arrange functions apply to a single element only, as multiple elements do not exist in the same relative plane for 2D objects". So by definition, then, Send to Back or Bring to Front can only work for a single element at a time. Send one element to the back, then the next one gets sent behind the first one.

But it would be nice to be able to select multiple elements and send them all to the front or back, and also have them keep their relative arrangement to one another.

To make the process faster I have the shortcut BF for Bring to Front, and then just the opposite combination FB for Send to Back. Make quick work of arranging 2D elements.