PDA

View Full Version : Family question

rhonda.146862
2007-09-14, 12:58 AM
I downloaded a refrigerator from Revitcity but it comes in under the family of casework and I want it to go into a different family file. I can move it to the new folder, but it is still linked back to casework and turns off anytime I need to shut off case work in the VG settings. Does anyone know how to bring these objects in and change their original family links?

Thanks

nnguyen
2007-09-14, 01:14 AM
I downloaded a refrigerator from Revitcity but it comes in under the family of casework and I want it to go into a different family file. I can move it to the new folder, but it is still linked back to casework and turns off anytime I need to shut off case work in the VG settings. Does anyone know how to bring these objects in and change their original family links?

Thanks

you need to go into the family itself and change the family catagory and parameter.

Under settings pulldown menu, select family category and parameters, select the family category you want it to be (typically it is specialty equipment), then upload the family back to your project, a dialog box should appear make sure you check the box next to override parameter or something to that effect and click yes.