PDA

View Full Version : Lines showing through walls in 3D view

eddy.lermytte
2007-09-14, 10:18 AM
When I zoom in/out in 3D view, lines of objects (voids, beams encapsulated by walls) appear/disappear.
I did a search and most likely it concerns a graphic card issue.

- True ?
- Minimum Graphic card specs to avoid this ?
- Workaround to keep existing graphic card and get rid of these lines anyway ?

cliff collins
2007-09-14, 09:16 PM
also check to see if objects intersecting exterior walls are "penetrating"
into the core--they will sometimes show up from the exterior if so.

Try pulling them back/changing core boundaries, etc.

cheers.....

cphubb
2007-09-14, 11:27 PM
IF this just happens on zoom in and out then it is Graphics card related. We have pretty powerful cards and still get that when zooming. Paning and rotating is pretty stable with these cards.
Workaround to keep card. Do not zoom.

dbaldacchino
2007-09-15, 05:00 AM
We see this all the time with roofs....if the joists & beams touch the underside of the roof, if you zoom out you'll see them flow through to the outside face. They show up when you do a print screen, but if you output to pdf or other raster format, they don't show up. I guess this is proof enough that it's a graphics card issue and it happens on all machines, so we have to live with it.

eddy.lermytte
2007-09-17, 08:00 AM
I have to be more clear about the lines showing through in 3D view.

I do understand that encapsulated or touching objects show up while zooming in and out. I can live with that.

In my case these lines are still visible after zooming in/out.

For example concrete lintels covered with a 10 mm gypsum finish layer are visible. This is not the right representation and clutters the view. Only after I zoomed in close enough to the wall these lines disappear.