PDA

View Full Version : Cannot adjust elevation points on a floor

JONB.102117
2007-09-14, 04:59 PM
i'm trying to model a sidewalk with a floor, adding points and adjusting those points to the proper height. i can only edit a few of these points, the others will not let me adjust there heights and gives me a Serious Error has Ocurred, continue without save? this does nothing and i can go right back to work without it crashing. It's almost like a threat rather than a real Serious Error. any help out there?

thank you
JB

Calvn_Swing
2007-09-14, 06:52 PM
It IS a serious error. It's just that the programmers have taken the time to write a program with a relatively good recovery function from serious errors, so it doesn't crash and cause you to loose work. Just because it doesn't completely break doesn't mean you aren't experiencing an error...

As for fixing it, you may be trying to violate the laws of geometry. In short, you can't just pick any point and make it whatever height you want. It actually has to be possible. For instance, if you place a line across the face and give that a height, and then you place a point on that line and try to give it a different height, bad things happen for good reasons. You're telling it to be in two places at once. If you're having problems, I'd just clear all the modifications and start from scratch.

Good luck!