PDA

View Full Version : Blanking Out Overhead Stair Lines

Archimac
2004-08-10, 08:45 PM
I need advice on how to blank out the dashed lines of a stair above a powder room / bathroom. It looks to confusing to see the dashed lines in the bathroom.

Thanks in advance!

adegnan
2004-08-10, 08:52 PM
Use the linework tool to set to invisible lines.

PeterJ
2004-08-10, 08:57 PM
Or use the View/Visibilty dialog and switch off stairs above cut-line.

Archimac
2004-08-11, 02:08 AM
Took me a while, but I discovered that absolutely magical Linework tool!

Thanks Guys8)

beegee
2004-08-11, 02:23 AM
Took me a while, but I discovered that absolutely magical Linework tool!

Thanks Guys8)I always use the method mentioned by PeterJ for this, much faster than the linework tool IMHO.

adegnan
2004-08-11, 01:59 PM
Or use the View/Visibilty dialog and switch off stairs above cut-line.Pete, Beegee,

I did this in my file and it didn't work consistently! you said visibility>stairs>staris beyond cut line and stringers beyond cut line (right?).

In my 1st floor plan (with 1 set stairs going up and and another going down) it seems to perform properly, hiding the items above the cut line going up. (It leaves the stairway below "visibil" but masked by the stairway that goes up, to the point of the cut line.)

On my basement floor plan, (with only 1 set stairs going up) it does not hide the stairs/stringers above the cut line. In fact, they appear solid rather than dashed whether I have them selected for visibility or not! I am in HL mode (not WF) and my cut plane is set at 4'0.

Any idea why this inconsistency?

PS. Either I'm nuts or my keystroke for print screen is not working. After messing around trying keystrokes what is the combo supposed to be????

PeterJ
2004-08-11, 03:30 PM
Not sure, need to see the model to answer that one, Abe