PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling ligth cove

Wagurto
2007-09-14, 09:38 PM
Hi guys, I need to create a light ceiling cove on my ceilings. Is there any way to do this? I have a lot of ceilings so I am looking for a family or something that can automate the process.
thanks for your help

cphubb
2007-09-14, 11:23 PM
A ceiling based line based light fixture would be pretty quick. You could set the individual lengths with 2 picks and the cove would cut the ceiling.

Alternative would be to hold the ceiling back and make the cove a wall sweep. No integrated light when rendering though.

SkiSouth
2007-09-15, 12:40 PM
Wagurto,

I try to say with the "draw it like they build it" when is comes to these situations. The cove is a hard one. Construction around here usually winds up building a wall suspended on the overhead structure, then what ever cove structure added. So that's the way I draw it. Makes the sections show correctly and I don't get the " you didn't show any bracework on the drawings" statement. The problem with this is its more work. You wind up having to join the walls to the ceiling to eliminate lines etc. Depends on how you want to approach it. Once the wall is drawn I usually just use a wall sweep. I then again place the lights as they would be in the project. This would be in a coffered ceiling situation (where I usually have this need)...

Wagurto
2007-09-15, 03:24 PM
is it possible to create a family void ceiling that contains the sustracted shape on the ceiling? the only problem is that the family needs to be manipulated to acomodate the size of the room. Is that possible?