PDA

View Full Version : Room Finish Schedules

ebtrad
2007-09-15, 05:02 PM
How to automate floor, ceiling, base models etc.... , to show as finishes in the Room Finish Schedule. This way we do not have to type it manually.
Anybody has an idea.

Thanks

todd.69291
2007-09-16, 02:21 PM
Try using "Room Schedule Key". We create many different room style for our repetitive projects. This helps us with automation of out finish schedules. After creating a room, assign a style to that room.

tomnewsom
2007-09-17, 08:39 AM
Schedule keys will speed things up, but there is no way of extracting model information from walls, floors and ceilings to populate the room parameters.

clog boy
2007-09-17, 08:49 AM
That's right, you can add physical finishes to the room, but they will not append to the room properties. This lack of intelligence sucks worse than a two dollar vacuĆ¼m cleaner.

ebtrad
2007-09-17, 02:15 PM
Exactly how I feel,

Revit has a lot of lack of intelligence in several areas,

1. I don't understand how can I schedule a room ,get the S.F. ,get the doors and the windows sizes and not being able to get the ceiling and floor material, (unless typed manually in the properties of the room)

2. The other thing is the fire rating, when I fire rate a wall and I need to add a door, how come the program does not warn me that the door must be fire rated also at leaast show a dialog box that allow me to do that.

3. Worksets, the program should load latest cahnges to the central file automatically when starting the workset drawing, or at least warn me each time the central file changes.

todd.69291
2007-09-17, 02:39 PM
Sounds like those comments need to be posted in the wish list forum. The software is growing and evolving. BIM need to learn how to walk before it can run. Give it time.

cphubb
2007-09-17, 03:19 PM
I understand that in the future Revit's rooms will understand what they are bounded by. This is being done mainly for Energy calculations but I suspect it will add functionality to the room finish schedules as well

plyrockie59720597
2017-02-17, 07:22 PM
Try using "Room Schedule Key". We create many different room style for our repetitive projects. This helps us with automation of out finish schedules. After creating a room, assign a style to that room.

I know this is an old forum so I apologize but how did you get the headers to separate like you did? I am trying to imitate your schedule and cannot get the headers to separate for the walls and their directions.