PDA

View Full Version : exporting to autocad question

whittendesigns
2007-09-17, 02:25 AM
I am curious as to exporting from Revit to an AutoCAD dwg file (or dxf, doesn't really matter) I export my file to the desktop for example. I double click on the file just exported and it opens up in AutoCAD.

So far so good. But how does this particular file know of predetermined settings in AutoCAD? I have opened every template file in AutoCAD and none have similar settings to the Revit exported file. For example, viewres is set at 100 and makes some of my arcs basically 2 lines and it looks nothing like an arc, though this particular example is just a view preference, not a plotting problem.

Now before you say it's an AutoCAD problem, I already asked in the AutoCAD forum and they say it's got to be coming from Revit, these settings.

I would have thought it would use the template file set in AutoCAD, but not so.

Scott D Davis
2007-09-17, 03:38 AM
Many AutoCAD variables, including VIEWRES are saved in the drawing itself. Revit is setting this value to 100 upon export and saving it in the DWG. Why? Not sure. Someone decided 100 was good. I don't think there is any way to change this setting from within Revit. It's very easy to do after export by running a script that will change variables in the DWG.