PDA

View Full Version : SPOT ELEVATIONS & PADS

jwilhelm
2004-08-10, 11:14 PM
I have placed a Pad on a site but when I attempt to place a spot elevation on the pad it picks up the elevation of the site below the pad, it this the intended outcome?

mjfarrell
2004-08-11, 12:23 AM
This makes me want to know, how robust are the Revit
site design tools? Could I produce engineering drawings
with Revit and produce cut and fill quantities?

Steve_Stafford
2004-08-11, 12:32 AM
It isn't intended for full civil/site design but yes you can get cut and fill data if you create an existing topo and then use phases and the Grading feature to modify the copy that Revit creates in the current phase. I'm sure there are more limitations that I can't speak to since I don't do civil design.

Scott D Davis
2004-08-11, 12:33 AM
Cut and fill quantities, yes. Full engineering docs for Civil work, probably no. Revit is not a Civil design tool. It contains some site tools, but more for an architect to site a building design, and lay out some site improvements such as side walks and drives.

I would expect the Civil part of Revit to come after Structural and after the MEP portions are developed, so it will be some time before Revit is a Civil Engineering tool.

mjfarrell
2004-08-11, 12:44 AM
Dang....
Although good to know that those tools are there.
I must get a demo to peek at it.

beegee
2004-08-11, 01:57 AM
I have placed a Pad on a site but when I attempt to place a spot elevation on the pad it picks up the elevation of the site below the pad, it this the intended outcome?
Make sure the pad has been given a height offset from level via properties, otherwise it's top will exist at the topo level and it will report its base level.