PDA

View Full Version : ELECTRICAL LAYOUTS

gary m. schafer
2007-09-17, 09:05 AM
Can someone please point me in the right direction.
I have a 2 storey house with split levels on both floors.
What is the best method (is there such a thing as THE correct method?) for doing an electrical plan. I make my electrical symbols using elec fixture and light fixture purely to display as 2D symbols.
Do I have to use ceiling plans. Am I wrong in thinking I can duplicate my floor plans, rename them as electrical and then drop in my symbols.

Gary

dhurtubise
2007-09-17, 12:25 PM
You are right Gary. As far as what plan you are gonna need depend on the family you use. For example if you use a ceiling fan (ceiling hosted) then you will need to work on your ceiling plan.

bgauthier
2007-09-17, 01:21 PM
Or you can insert a symbol on your ceiling hosted family and, with some little workaround, see them on your electrical plan.

SkiSouth
2007-09-17, 02:10 PM
Gary,

As I'm sure you are aware, you can create your 2d drawings on an object style (say elec2d or whatever), then insert the symbol on any plan view. As long as the object style is turned off, you would not see the symbol on that view. Then you can create a duplicate plan and simply leave the object style visible for an electrical plan. You could also set this view to be a standard electrical view in your template file. Also you can create the 2d symbol to be visible in plan or reflected or both controlling what you want to see on your electrical drawings (some like both power and lighting on the same plan - I do for my residential work).