PDA

View Full Version : Dimension text...

san_k4
2004-08-11, 08:17 AM
hi all,
i am a newcomer to this group and i am working in acad2004. i have come across a problem which i am putting below...

I have to do some mathematical operations through VBA , by selecting dimension texts in my drawing.All the dimensions are textoverrides, since the drawing is not to scale.Sometimes I see the textsring values are in these formats like : {\Fsimplex.shx|c1;1271}, \A1;381... .
I have understood that these are mtext formats. As such we are not consciously giving any formatting.I guess that these are coming along with the dimstyle.how to control these?.
Also most of my drgs are outsourced.This adds more to the problem.A few times I
Have seen exploded dim and In this the formatting char. appears in all exploded dimtexts.One way out is eliminating these characters by string manipulation functions,
But I am not too sure whether I will be able to track all these varieties of characters coming along with the dimtext.Could somebody throw some light upon it…
regards,
SANTHOSH

RobertB
2004-08-11, 02:18 PM
I'm glad I don't have your problem. I know that there was code posted on Autodesk's Customization discussion group for stripping MText formatting, written by Steve Doman, I believe.

Mike.Perry
2004-08-11, 09:43 PM
I know that there was code posted on Autodesk's Customization discussion group for stripping MText formatting, written by Steve Doman, I believe.
Hi

Why not go directly to Steve Doman's web site -

StripMtext v3.07 (http://www.users.qwest.net/~sdoman/)

Have a good one, Mike

RobertB
2004-08-11, 11:57 PM
Why not go directly to Steve Doman's web site

Because I don't have it bookmarked, or even visited it.

san_k4
2004-08-12, 07:55 AM
thanks all for your quick response.i have Just downloaded the mstrip code.

regards,
SANTHOSH