PDA

View Full Version : Missing families

drafting1
2007-09-18, 06:27 PM
Hi,
I am brand new to revit and I noticed that when I go to the Modeling Pulldown and
select windows or doors, I get a message saying "family is not loaded".

What is the best way to load all of the missing families?

The project default is currentlly Mechanical.

Thanks,
Mike Newbee

jbaumann
2007-09-19, 04:23 PM
Your best bet would be to start with a more architecturally influenced template. By default the Mechanical template is not going to have many architectural families loaded. Otherwise when the dialog box that asks do you want to load a family pops up, choose yes and start loading doors, windows, etc..

mwenta
2007-09-26, 02:38 PM
When you get that meesage select 'Yes' from the dialogue box, that should take you tou your 'Imperial Library'. If it doesn't look to the left and look for the blue folder titled 'Imperial Library', open it and got to the folder titled 'Doors'. From there you can either pick one at a time and load them individually, or you can hold the 'CTRL' key down and choose multiple families and load them at one time. To keep from continually getting that message, you might want to consider creating a template that has a few doors that you commonly use already loaded into it. That goes the same for other families, annotations, etc.

Thanks,

Mike