PDA

View Full Version : Can Revit make panaramic camera views?

mmiles
2007-09-18, 08:23 PM
I am looking to crteate a panaramic/wide angle view of my project while standing in one corner of a U-shaped building looking down and across an open space to the opposite corner. It is possible to mathmatically determine the approximate frame size of a wide angle lens (thanks Wes Macaully) but I still cannot capture all the view I want. Stretching the frame to include all of it just makes a distorted view which is not acceptable for my purposes.

I was hoping to "stitch" a couple of photos together, but one: I am not sure how to do that; two: was wondering if there is a method from within a 3d View in Revit to generate a true panarama.

does anyone have a suggestion or two? How does everyone compensate for the loss of field of view from the camera views and what one really sees with their own eyes?

thanks.

Scott D Davis
2007-09-18, 08:38 PM
when rendering from a 3D View, either ortho or perspective:

Change the Type drop-down in the Options Bar to Spherical before hitting the GO button.

After making rendering, On the Rendering Tab of the Design Bar, choose Export Rendering

You will have the choice to export to a PAN file or an IVR file, both of which will require a viewer to be downloaded to see the Panoramic file.