PDA

View Full Version : How do i create a mullion that is a void?

samov
2007-09-19, 02:07 PM
Is there any way a mullion can be a void... so i can use it just for spacing panels?

dhurtubise
2007-09-19, 05:46 PM
Just dont show the mullion. you will get the space needed.

sbrown
2007-09-19, 05:51 PM
The curtain grid divides the panels, no mullion is needed and you could edit a panel to have an offset from the grid if you really needed a "gap" between panels.

dbaldacchino
2007-09-20, 10:43 PM
You could also do a "U" profile mullion to give the impression of a space between panels (as if there's recessed sealant in between).

Zeal
2011-04-18, 06:21 AM
If you are still stuck, you can try to edit/create a new system panel that has parametric offsets as part of the panels rather than looking at void mullions which I think is not possible. I had the same problem by trying to do a pool fence with just spaces between panels.

I've attached a the file i made up quickly today which is simply just an editted system panel. Hope this helps and is what you were after

RobG
2011-04-18, 03:13 PM
i hope he's not stuck on that anymore, especially since it was posted in 2007....

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-04-18, 06:28 PM
C'mon Rob. That was Chris's first post and you give him a hard time for trying to help out ;)
Always nice to see other options posted that can give additional insight to others who might do a search on the subject or for things that may have 'evolved' over time with new features. That's why we fought so hard to save all the old posts right? :beer:

RobG
2011-04-18, 07:38 PM
someone had to do it.. and yes, that is ironically why we all faught so hard for the archive. just surprised i suppose, as to this post being a place to start. heh..
with that said, here's to having a beer!

PS, your canucks are indeed looking good, but it's just Chicago... My Habs however are fighting the Goons and looking better! mouhahaha

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-04-20, 04:23 AM
Okay, so we both didn't look so hot in our latest efforts :(
I'll gladly take a Habs 'Nucks, all Canadian final. Bettman's worst nightmare and the CBC's ratings wet dream!
Prior to the Canucks entering the league in '71 I was a Habs fan and my dad and brother both chose the Leafs since those were the only options in the good old HNIC days.
Here's to a long run for both the Canadian teams. See you in the finals:beer: Loser buys the winner a beer at RTC or AU next year.:lol: