PDA

View Full Version : Revit Roofs

Bubba
2007-09-21, 10:59 PM
While installing a residential roof truss in a plan view by footprint. The section cut has the roof, but there is no bottom chord for the roof truss. Is this a common design issue.
Thanks for your reply.

sccbrown
2007-09-24, 12:16 AM
If you mean using the roof tool, you are correct there is no automatic bottom chord. I just make a second flat roof for the bot. chord or sloped for a scissor truss.

DoTheBIM
2007-09-24, 02:23 PM
This is normal Revit behavior. Either do it in the detailing with lines or if you need to see the same object in multiple views... model a ceiling as needed. You will find that Revit is not so residential friendly when it comes to modeling roofs effieciently and accurately.

Bubba
2007-12-01, 03:54 AM
Thanks for your responses. I'll be creative like you say.

cphubb
2007-12-02, 07:27 PM
Actuall you should model the roof as it is actually constructed.
Shingles, waterproofing insulation?? sheathing. Place a couple of Truss objects in front of your section to round out the sections and details. There are a number of Truss objects available from the Web. Look at the AUGI exchange, there are a couple there. If that does not work for you, use a detail component.

SkiSouth
2007-12-02, 09:05 PM
While installing a residential roof truss in a plan view by footprint. The section cut has the roof, but there is no bottom chord for the roof truss. Is this a common design issue.
Thanks for your reply.

I would assume the truss family is where the visiblity/bottom chord issue resides. You'll need to modify that family to perform as you wish., as suggested in the comments above.