PDA

View Full Version : projecting a symbol in floorplan for lighting

Vincent Valentijn
2003-07-16, 10:08 AM
Someone told me a while ago how to make a lighting fixture to show up in my Floorplans. I did one and it worked, but I've seemed to have lost or misplaced this family... I only still have it in a project [I still think it's a weak side to Revit that one can't export families back from a project :roll: ]
-Anyway- I do know it had something to do with drawing invisible model-lines in the Ref.Level of your lighting family... but I can't seem to reproduce my former

PeterJ
2003-07-16, 12:10 PM
In elevation in the model family draw an invisible line from the light down to the reference level and then save and reimport. If you want to get fancy switch of the light fitting build-up's visibility in plan mode and draw it's symbol using symbolic lines in the ref level view.

What you are doing, in effect, is forcing the light fitting to be present in the line of the cut plane so it shows the image. This trick works for all family categories as far as I am aware.

sbrown
2003-07-16, 01:08 PM
you can copy families from one project to another, just open both up and copy paste from one to the other. it is true you can't actually "export" or save out a family, that would be nice so you could edit it.