PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Question

dgriessmann.86073
2007-09-24, 05:59 PM
Is there a way to set "New Construction" phase to a different color than black? We changed the color in the phases -> graphic overides section to be orange but it stays black.

We've changed the colors to existing and demo and they take. We're using Revit Arch 2008.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-09-24, 06:42 PM
Under the phase Filter tab you also need to change the setting for how the view displays each phase. It needs to be set to Overriden rather than By Category

dgriessmann.86073
2007-09-24, 06:54 PM
That didn't work for me.

ws
2007-09-24, 06:57 PM
You need to click on the tab called 'Phase Filters' in the Phase Settings dialogue.

In there you can see that each phase display settings include the phases with either 'By Category' or 'Overriden' or 'Not Displayed'.

If you create a new phase filter which has 'Overridden' in the new column and then whatever display setting you want for the other phase columns it will show new construction in the colour set under the 'Graphic Overrides'.

Edit: I see Dimitri has said the same thing... I had to work it out ;) as I didn't understand it to begin with and I can assure you that it does work.

Edit2: thinking about it that will just change the line colour - if you want the material of the new construction to be a colour then you will have to edit the 'Phase-new' Material in Material Settings.

dgriessmann.86073
2007-09-27, 03:24 PM
Ok, now that I re-read what you two said, I was able to get it to work. What I had to do though was make a copy of the "Show All" filter and edit that since the original was greyed out.

Now on to question 2. In the Graphic Overides tab there are 4 options:

Demo, Existing, New, & Temporary. Is there a way to add others to this list?

Scott D Davis
2007-09-27, 03:43 PM
Demo, Existing, New, & Temporary. Is there a way to add others to this list?

What else would you like to add? Remember that these are statuses during a period of time. You can have a phase called "Existing", and inside of that phase have objects that are Demo, Existing, new and Temporary. Then you can have another phase called "New" and have objects in that phase that are Demo, Existing, New, and Temp in relation to that phase.

dgriessmann.86073
2007-09-27, 03:47 PM
We're wanting to have one called R&S and one called Relocated.

Scott D Davis
2007-09-27, 04:12 PM
sorry you can't create new graphic override categories. But i like your idea of having another "relocated" option. Doesnt make sense to "demo" and add a 'new' instance of a piece which has simply moved.

dgriessmann.86073
2007-09-27, 05:11 PM
So how does one handle that in a phasing then? (The R&S was for Relocated from Storage. Something grocery & department stores use alot)

wbs69117950
2007-11-14, 06:28 PM
So how does one handle that in a phasing then? (The R&S was for Relocated from Storage. Something grocery & department stores use alot)

Even though it's R&S, wouldn't it be "new" to the model at some phase, therefore just adding it to that phase would make it appear. Then, you could annotate it as being Relocated from Storage.