PDA

View Full Version : stair railing issue

williamsmitchell
2007-09-24, 06:25 PM
im not sure why but these stairs wont display the railings correctly. i assure you that the railings are modled correctly.. they just dont show right in plan.. the look fine in section and 3d.

in this view ive set the railings beyond the cut line to display halftone so you can see what im talking about

thanks

shane

williamsmitchell
2007-09-25, 11:26 AM
no ideas of why its doing that?

ws
2007-09-25, 11:47 AM
Could you elaborate on what you feel is wrong with the plan view.

SkiSouth
2007-09-25, 12:05 PM
You have multiple runs stacked I believe. Also, from your image, I can't tell if you have monitor display issues or not (note the overlap of the the Stair name on the wall type - room should have priority) and lack of horizontals on wall type where face is drawn,lack of wall lines etc. Anyway, it appears the "stack" of runs is where your issue is. Should be able to look at stair settings and get an upper and lower cut line. Don't have time right now to walk through, but is this your issue? Also, did you create a multi-level stair or stack two stairs?

williamsmitchell
2007-09-26, 03:42 AM
ya i do have multiple stairs stacked.. i dont have any monitor display issues.. im not sure what you mean.. everything seems to display ok to me besides the railngs

ive found it extremely difficult to get revit to make my stairs work well when i use 1 stair to go all the way up to all my floors.. it seems to work wonderfully when i make one stair from 1st to 2nd then copy them up and up.. but its this causing my problems??

i hope not.. ill try and play with the upper and lower cut lines.. il let you know if i figure it out.. thanks for the suggestions..

as for what the exact problem is.. as you can see.. the railing on the top is displayed light when it should be dark and then cuts off before the cut line.. then it appears again after the cut line dark where it isn't not supposed to be displayed dark.. so there is a missing section before the cut line and a dark section after the cut line that should be light... also on the down part.. both rails should be dark. it looks really funny and we are quite particular about our drawings.. i cant have that even though the steel guys would probably do it right anyways.