PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Visiability in Titleblock

kshawks
2007-09-24, 09:37 PM
I have searched the forums and found this thread regarding on/off settings for titleblock and digital stamps http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=34558 & http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=39261

I cant seem figure out how to set the on/off parameter for the digital stamp I have created in the titleblock family. The digital stamp family I have created is a series of filled regions and text and not a linked graphic (maybe thats my problem).

What am I missing?

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-09-24, 10:10 PM
Select the graphic (filled region or whatever it is) and then look at the properties. There is a check box under Visible. Select the little box to the right of this line and that will open the parameter dialogue. From here you can create and assign a parameter that will drive the visibility of the object.

Chris.N
2007-11-30, 05:03 PM
Select the graphic (filled region or whatever it is) and then look at the properties. There is a check box under Visible. Select the little box to the right of this line and that will open the parameter dialogue. From here you can create and assign a parameter that will drive the visibility of the object.
would you believe it's taken me over an hour to just figure out the correct question to ask to find the info for this? :banghead:

i thank you for showing me what i needed to know, i just wish these 'hidden buttons' were revealed and discussed better in the help and user manuals...

shatcher
2008-03-04, 02:17 PM
I want to be able to turn off the visibility of the text inside a grid bubble contained in a section view leaving it visible in plan view. If I do this correctly does this mean I will be able to select the grid bubble in section, go to element properties and see an option to turn off the text? If so, can you take me through the steps on doing this.

dhurtubise
2008-03-04, 03:02 PM
You will need to create a second type since grid head is nested into the grid family instead

shatcher
2008-03-04, 03:08 PM
I have already created second type but can't figure out the visibilty parameter. What steps do I take to apply a y/n visibilty parameter to the text?

dhurtubise
2008-03-04, 04:21 PM
See the included image for where to create the parameter.