PDA

View Full Version : Batch Rendering In Revit

aricke
2004-08-11, 11:38 PM
As of version 6.1 there is still no simple way within Revit to batch render a number of 3d views or to render the one view using various sun times. To this end I developed a relatively simple command line script to generate a text file that emulates a Revit journal file.

(Journal files record all of the commands executed by a user when they interect with Revit and can be replayed by dropping the journal file onto the Revit icon. These files are relatively complex and punctuation in the files is critical.)

By initiating Revit with this journal / text file it is possible to have Revit execute commands as if the user were sitting at the computer and interacting with the program.

I hope this routine can make life a bit easier for all.

Andreas Ricke

Scott Hopkins
2004-08-11, 11:44 PM
Sounds cool - I'll have to check it out...

beegee
2004-08-12, 12:43 AM
Just a word of warning, be very careful running Journal files

As FK said in another post
Journals are an internal testing and debugging tool. Their purpose is to reproduce user actions. They can batch some dialogs, but they cannot support serious Revit extensions. They are not an end-user tool.

FK
2004-08-12, 12:58 AM
The real problem is that they change from release to release. If you've figured them out and accept the risk - do whatever you like. ;-)

beegee
2004-08-12, 03:31 AM
All care, no responsibility.