PDA

View Full Version : Building/site file management question

ron.sanpedro
2007-09-26, 04:54 PM
We are currently in SD on a four story condo project. We are now also doing four duplex townhouses on the site, at a slight angle to the condo building. The townhouses will be a separate project and permit, so we want to pull them out of the condo model now, but both projects need to reference each other for context. For the moment, the site is in the condo building. Also, we do not have an official survey yet, so we have not established shared coordinates.

I have pulled the town homes out and rotated them for proper placement on the sheets, then linked this back into the condo project and done the appropriate rotate and placement. To now get the condo building into the town home file as a reference, do I just repeat the process; link, locate and rotate? Or can I establish some shared coordinates so that the condo comes in correct automatically? And what are the implications when we get a survey and establish real shared coordinates? Also, are we better off pulling the site out as a third file now? Anyone have some familiarity with this kind of thing?

Thanks,
Gordon

dhurtubise
2007-09-26, 05:54 PM
Make the site a separate file. Link all files and wait till you get the survey to establish shard coordinates.