PDA

View Full Version : Filled Region Lock to Detail Item

Doug
2007-09-27, 07:22 PM
I am having trouble locking a filled region to a detail item. I created the detail item using the line tool with a height adjustment and then created a filled region to show a material hatch... I used the select tool and locked it. After finishing the filled region I do the adjustment and it won't keep the profile locked to the lines.

Am I doing something wrong?

luigi
2007-09-28, 12:31 AM
I think I understand what you did, could be wrong...but am unsure about "I created the detail item using the line tool with a height adjustment" Is it a line, or a detail? Are you locking to an edge of a line while in sketch mode? or outside of sketch mode? Try locking the filled region to this "detail" item outside of sketch. You should be able to use the "align" tool and then lock it.

If I am unclear about your issue...post some images illustrating what you are doing.

Take care,

Luigi

I am having trouble locking a filled region to a detail item. I created the detail item using the line tool with a height adjustment and then created a filled region to show a material hatch... I used the select tool and locked it. After finishing the filled region I do the adjustment and it won't keep the profile locked to the lines.

Am I doing something wrong?

Doug
2007-09-28, 09:45 PM
Lugi-
Thanks for the reply - I did figure it out when I attempted to do a simple detail item - I forgot it works better when I use ref planes. Hey nice to see you in Royal Oak - I am in Rochester - Drop me an email - I'll buy you a cup of coffee!

Doug