PDA

View Full Version : "Unlimited" view depth bug?

jake.109030
2007-09-27, 09:45 PM
Hey all,

RAC 2008 user here.

I recently had a plan that I had placed detail call-outs on. Normal right? The callouts were visible and I proceeded without concern. Earlier today I realized that the callout tags had disappeared from this plan. Hmm... I checked for a VG problem, hidden element, etc.. Nothing presented itself. I then was perusing the view properties of the details (which claimed that they were still referred to the now non tagged plan) and noticed that the far clip setting were set to an astronomical number that was supposedly controlled by the parent view. When I set the farclip to be an independant and reasonable number, the tag reappeared on the plan. Great!

Rather than change each detail to be independant, I went to the parent view to fix the view range setting, and instead of the astronomical number I expected to find, its view depth turned out to be set to "unlimited." Normally I would assume that this was a reasonable option for a plan, but when I set it to a particular level rather than unlimited ....all of the tags reappeared. Is this a bug or am I simply not aware of something here. (Could not find any other threads about this.)

Jake

TheRevitGeek
2007-09-27, 10:26 PM
Check to see what Build you are on (Help>>Product and License Information) and verify you are on the latest 2008 - 20070810_1700 This was an issue with the first release. It can also bug out on you when you have the crop region turned on as well.