PDA

View Full Version : ADS Symphony - Help Beta test our Software!

adstech
2007-09-28, 08:22 PM
Architectural Data Systems Module
(Sept 28, 2007)

Building Product Search Module for AutoCAD® Architecture 2008, Architectural Desktop 2007 and Revit 2008.
Import doors, windows, bricks and other architectural products from our catalogs. ADS will automatically apply those properties directly to your ACA or REVIT objects.

Using a smart search - you can find the architectural product you need to fulfill your requirements from over 1400 catalogs.

The Building Product Search module from Architectural Data Systems is designed to allow you to integrate product selection and specification writing within AutoCAD Architecture. ADS provides rapid electronic access to 1400 building product catalogs from hundreds of manufacturers. As products are selected, up-to-date specifications and schedules are automatically created, consolidating a multi-step process into a single step.

You can download the installer using the link below and please be sure to share your feedback on the module’s usability and your overall impression of this product.

For Autocad use:
http://adsnew.architecturaldatasystems.com/adsonline/downloads/ADSLoader.exe

For Autocad and Revit use:
http://adsnew.architecturaldatasystems.com/adsonline/betafiles/ADSymphony.exe

Please use the Suggestions and Comments feature in ADS or contact adstech@bresnan.net. Thank you.

TroyGates
2007-09-28, 09:15 PM
Yeah, let me download these two exe files and see what kind of spyware gets loaded on my computer. No thanks.

BillyGrey
2007-09-28, 09:25 PM
Yeah, let me download these two exe files and see what kind of spyware gets loaded on my computer. No thanks.

Troy? A bit much on the coffee this morn, or did you actually try the software?
Check out the web site?
Do you know something the rest of us should know?

Anyway, ADS Tech, Welcome, and thanks for the vine. We Reviteers have been waiting for manufactures content libraries to start catching up with us.
I hope your service really has something valid to offer us as a community.
Otherwise, the ship won't sail far in these waters.

Good luck.

Thanks

Bill

david.kingham
2007-09-28, 09:36 PM
It's a legit company, I've talked with them at trade shows before

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-09-28, 09:53 PM
Although Troy could have been a little more subtle in his initial reply :), in his defense, I can see where he is coming from.
The ADS post did not include any sort of introduction, a web site address or a specific name to reply to for those who might be a little suspicious. As vigilant as our mods are they can't be expected to 'catch' something that might be malicious in nature before it has a chance to bite someone.
I'd like to suggest that they might consider a slightly less impersonal approach if they want to use the forums to promote their products.
That said, now that David has given this group his endorsement, I echo Bill's welcome and the comments made in his post. :beer:

ws
2007-09-29, 05:52 PM
If it's any help, I've installed it - you need to register with them when it first starts up - and played about with it. (I have loads of anti-this, that and the other on a special test machine).

A system tray icon appears as a server application runs in the background and a toolbar is added to Revit.

All looks impressive as a database and online search facility - but far too intrusive for my liking. Probably if you had some training in using the software you would appreciate the functionality.

Uninstalled with no problems.

Steve_Stafford
2007-10-01, 04:09 PM
I saw a demo of this online quite a while ago now, very nice integration with Revit. Should give E-Spec's a run for its money.

cogen
2007-10-02, 02:52 AM
I've been using ADS for years prior to their migration to BIM integration. Their system has enabled me to produce high-quality specs that would've cost much more had I hired a spec writer, but at the same time I had complete control. ADS is also very customizable, which is important in the NYC market because our building regulations are so highly regulated and cumbersome. And the tech support is responsive (even on Sundays). ADS and Revit has been a winning combination for me.

Kevin Janik
2009-03-13, 03:33 PM
Is Symphony still out there? I can not find it. I must be dense and not very good at searching.

Kevin