PDA

View Full Version : Random black lines eminating from my drawings!!!

ff_tidus
2007-09-29, 12:09 AM
during the modeling of a car (Ferrari Enzo), i got black lines coming from parts of the model and going to the bottom left of the screen! but if useing a camera, while in camera mode (view) the lines all go towrards where it rotates from. can someone explain why this is happening and how to get rid of it!?
this reason i ask this is because parts of the model get patched off because of this, almost like the pieces that have been pacthed off are the black lines. (look at the front perpective in the attached image).
ive had this before during modeling and dont know why it happens>?

stusic
2007-09-29, 01:35 AM
Not sure of the source of the problem, but have you tried re-creating those patches? Is it always those particular patches that are doing this?

ff_tidus
2007-09-30, 05:52 PM
yes its just those patches. but it keeps doing it to more of them as i keep drawing? i dont know why this happens

Steve_Bennett
2007-09-30, 10:05 PM
I see you have added a mesh smooth modifier to the geometry. I've noticed that modifier has the tendency to do that. I have not figured out specifically why though. You might try removing that from your stack until the very end. I have noticed it appear with boolean ops and other things that can leave geometry in pieces.

ff_tidus
2007-10-01, 02:21 PM
so this is due to mesh smooth? oh ok, cheers. i will just do everything first and then apply the mesh smooth. thanks for the heads up!