PDA

View Full Version : Profile Options

civil3d.wishlist1941
2007-10-01, 05:32 PM
Summary: Hold a vertical alignment at a specific station along with/instead of 0+00.

Description: I wish Civil3D could…..Hold a vertical alignment at a specific station along with/instead of 0+00. This way it may be more similar to using Pipes. (Roadway profiles would benefit also)

How Used: In "pipes" a structure is a structure. The stationing may change but it is where it is. I even tried to do a water project with it…It isn’t as easy as it sounds. On a recent project, both of my water lines changed at 0+00. The 4-vertical bends around a storm drain, in each line, were now 235’ away.

We are allowed to have radii in waterlines. It was a hassle trying to “pull” everything over. Had it been pinned at a station, the first 235’ would have disappeared.

Roadways could benefit also, You have something fully designed, then oops there is another road coming through by someone else. You loose 123’, Your roads intersections are still where they were, Alignment lables and Stationing are updated, but the proposed vertical profile now does not match the existing grade profile now.

Feature Affinity: Profiles

Submitted By: Anita Nichols on August 23, 2007

jpaulsen
2007-10-01, 08:39 PM
There should be a way to specify in which station range a profile is modified and likewise which station range is anchored.