PDA

View Full Version : Dimension subcategory

Michael Coviello
2004-08-12, 08:51 PM
I'm curious to know if there's a method for showing overall dimensions on the plan for preliminary design meetings w/clients.
While i'm drawing the existing conditions for a house i draw dimensions to verify my field measurments; I just need overall dimensions to show for prelim. review.
I think what i'm looking for is a category for dimensions for design presentation. Is this possible.
What i've found is to "duplicate w/detailing" and just delete all my reference dimensions.
has anyone else run into this?
thanks.

aaronrumple
2004-08-12, 09:20 PM
we use different views for different presentations. Color fills @ SD and Programing. Basic Dimensions for DD, etc. You can copy/paste dimension information from view to view if needed

m_cahoon14336
2004-08-13, 06:42 AM
Could your goal be accomplished through "phasing"? Now that we have somewhat grasped the concept of "phasing", we use it all the time, from prelims and presentations through con. docs.

David Conant
2004-08-13, 03:21 PM
In Revit, the general strategy for views is not to have a single view that performs multiple purposes through visibility control in the same manner one would do in AutoCAD. The preferred method in Revit is to create new views for each view type you want and then adjust its settings, add annotation, etc. as is appropriate for that view. Then simply open the view you want. All views are looking at the same model data. If you find a group of settings you like and want to use over again, save them as a view template.

Michael Coviello
2004-08-16, 04:00 PM
I remember some discussion with making "subfolders" for grouping views. I imagine this would be very useful for "existing conditions", "design development", "construction documents" and maybe even a folder for quick working views that aid in constructing the model (not for printing; mainly for user reference).

Do you think this feature will be available or useful for most users?
Thanks.