PDA

View Full Version : Greyed-Out Level Heads

hdjohnson
2004-08-12, 09:15 PM
I have a level that listed as Level 2; however, I can't seem to select it or delete it. It's not listed in the Browser window. I can't seem to find any reference to it.

Also, I have a Floor Plan level that is grayed-out, how do I make this black?

I know I'm missing something simple, so what is it?

Thanks for your help.

beegee
2004-08-12, 09:39 PM
From a similar topic ....

If you are not too far along in the project, a copy to clipboard of the entire model from a 3d view and paste into a new project should eliminate it. But I doubt you'd want to go there if you've got views and sheets set up already.

Talk with support.

hdjohnson
2004-08-13, 04:21 PM
beegee,

Thanks for you help. I guess I'll be contacting technical support.....

Steve_Stafford
2004-08-13, 05:03 PM
Yup...support can fix this usually, and other than what I described it's the "only" way.

If you can determine what you might have done to accomplish this feat it will be a big help to us all. They thought they fixed this issue, but it appears that it is still possible in some instances. Is it possible that this project is an upgrade child?

hdjohnson
2004-08-13, 09:25 PM
No it isn't upgraded. It was started in 6.1. However, maybe the problem occurred when I transfered the project standards from a project that was upgraded from 5.0 to 6.1. Maybe this had an affect on it......

JamesVan
2004-08-16, 01:08 PM
Do you have groups on multiple levels? I think this problem has to do with editing either a group or an in-place family on a different level than it was originally created. We've encountered the same problem.

dg
2004-09-13, 08:38 AM
I've just encountered this problem.

In this instance the level is a duplicate of an existing one, and it has somehow reduced its height by 150mm

Even more annoying - when I try to select all from a 3d view to try the fix previously suggested, I get a 'can't copy selection error'

I don't have multiple groups on levels etc.

Only things I recently did was add some planting, add a scope box, right clicked on some crop boxes and elevations to hide them, duplicated some elevations, and added a sheet

dg
2004-09-13, 09:04 AM
Following a bit more reading regarding copying groups from one project to another, it seems that if you do this, then levels can be copied and imported too.

Going through my backups, it appears that I did copy a fence component from another project, and it was the level from this project that was copied across too.

I have recently reduced the 'number of backup saves' option form 20 to 5. But I think it will be returning to 20 from now on!