PDA

View Full Version : Level name in project brower (careless)

yuthana
2007-10-02, 11:47 AM
Hi all,

I have some question about how can i get it back a level name?

In my case i been delete level name in project brower by remiss I don't know when ?
But this level annotation in elevation view it still work !!! When i want to come back to work on plan that level. I can used Go to Floor plan in elevation view.

In this case how can i recall my level name in project brower? (I cannot undo because i do many many thing past)

Help me

Thanks,

rupertv
2007-10-02, 12:27 PM
If I understand correctly, then the way to "rectify" the problem is to go to VIEW in the design bar...click on "Floor Plan" and select the level you want to create a "view" of...

i hope this solves it...

yuthana
2007-10-02, 01:17 PM
If I understand correctly, then the way to "rectify" the problem is to go to VIEW in the design bar...click on "Floor Plan" and select the level you want to create a "view" of...

i hope this solves it...

Yes correct . i follow up your inform. My lost level it coming back... Thank you very much.

I think this way for create only new

Thanks,

Steve_Stafford
2007-10-02, 05:56 PM
When you copy a Level a view is not made automatically.
When you use the Level tool a floor and ceiling plan are made automatically.
When you delete a floor or ceiling plan view Revit does not delete the Level.
Views are always associated with a specific Level and cannot be changed to another level.
Levels that have no views appear black (target symbol)
Levels that have views appear blue (target symbol)

I hope this translates well.

gbrowne
2007-10-03, 08:21 AM
It translates very well! These are like golden rules for Reviting. It would be good to have a full list of such important things to remember, like:

Drafting lines are view specific.
Text is view specific.

Etc.. It would help out, and would have helped out people new to Revit.

yuthana
2007-10-03, 10:24 AM
Grateful .. I'm agree of Revit rule

clog boy
2007-10-03, 10:57 AM
It translates very well! These are like golden rules for Reviting. It would be good to have a full list of such important things to remember, like:

Drafting lines are view specific.
Text is view specific.

Etc.. It would help out, and would have helped out people new to Revit.

Detail items are view specific, and do not manipulate the model or it's extracted quantities. (ie making something 'look' right doesn't make it adequate)
The exception to this are labels, which in fact refer to a parameter or element property. If you can schedule it, you can label it.

gbrowne
2007-10-03, 12:24 PM
I was thinking like "Cardinal Rules of Revit" or something..

1: Views can only reside on 1 sheet at a time (apart from legends)
2: Model lines appear in all views, detail lines in just the current one.
3: Don't lock everything down, a little bit of movement is good!
4: Yes you can do 2D stuff!
5: In fact only do 3D when you have to!
6: Etc etc

Like that! All the stuff you wished you had been told the first time you clicked on the desktop shortcut and said to yourself, "ok, lets check this Revit thing out.."

I may be in danger of being off topic here..