PDA

View Full Version : Detail lines

roger.wisinger
2007-10-02, 07:14 PM
Is there a way to change a large amount of Detail lines into Model lines?

lhanyok
2007-10-02, 07:20 PM
Probably not what you want to hear, but no. You have to recreate them.

bclarch
2007-10-02, 07:25 PM
The quickest way would be to duplicate them by using the "pick" option when creating the model lines.

lhanyok
2007-10-02, 07:27 PM
I would agree. But be aware that the filter does not distinguish between model lines and detail lines. So, any lines that are "Thin Lines" whether model or detail will all be selected with the filter.

bclarch
2007-10-02, 07:37 PM
I would agree. But be aware that the filter does not distinguish between model lines and detail lines. So, any lines that are "Thin Lines" whether model or detail will all be selected with the filter.
Yeah. The answer might be to create a temporary linetype with a unique name so that you could deselect them using the filter. Then use select>right click>select all instances and change them all at once to the desired linetype using the type selector drop down.

dfriesen
2007-10-02, 08:25 PM
Is there a way to change a large amount of Detail lines into Model lines?
You could try exporting to dwg (I would create a view first which has only the lines visible), then import the dwg, uncheck 'Current view only', and explode it. The lines will now be model lines. (if you check 'Current view only', the linework will come in as detail lines.)

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-02, 10:22 PM
Roger,
For a large number of lines, I agree with Daniel's suggestion but my first question to you is what was created using a "large amount of detail lines" ? Sounds suspiciously like drafting :shock: