PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Cut Planes missing

RobG
2007-10-02, 08:57 PM
When i go to select an elevation tag, i see the green dashed lines showing the extents of the cut plane, but i can't see the blue line of the cut plane itself. We can't seem to figure out why it's missing. When we start a new project it all seems to work fine, just not in this project.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Matt H
2007-10-02, 10:30 PM
Are you using a Crop window at all? When selecting the elevation cut line, right click it and "Reset 3d Constraints" and "Reset to 3d Extents" and turn off the crop region before so.

If the crop region touches the elevation tags, they will go away. Let me know if this works out for ya.

RobG
2007-10-02, 11:05 PM
i can't even see the cut plane. if i select the elevation bubble, i'm seeing the green dash line only, but not the cut plane. and that's on ALL our elevation tags. don't know where they went, but we can't select them. I was looking for that reset option on it in a new file (where they seem to work fine) and i can't find it. what am i missing here, cause i'm obviously blind, or tired.. which is highly likely..

thanks!

SCShell
2007-10-03, 02:29 PM
Hey there,

At the risk of looking silly, you said that you right clicked on the "blue bubble"....to see the cut plane you desire, you need to click on the blue filled arrow rather than the bubble.

Hope this works for you,
Steve

RobG
2007-10-03, 04:18 PM
sorry, mispoke, yeah i'm clicking the arrow head, hence how i see the green dash line. I've been using revit for some time now, just never seen this happen.

i can see the green dash line, not the blue cut line with the grips on it.

lhanyok
2007-10-03, 08:25 PM
I've had a case where in a cropped floor plan view, the elevation cut line had been moved way far away from the actual elevation symbol and outside of the crop region for the floor plan. Have you tried to select the elevation then zoom extents to look for the cut plane?

RobG
2007-10-03, 08:50 PM
unfortunately it's not cropped.

i can select the elevation bubble, i can select the elevation arrow head on that bubble. i can see the green dash line for the extents, but i just can't see the blue cut plane. i've even attached a photo this time. I was hoping it would be a lot more clear then it seems to have been thus far :/ we don't have this problem on any new projects, or other existing ones, only this project is problematic for us.

SCShell
2007-10-04, 01:21 PM
Hey there again,

Curious indeed. Hard to tell in the screen shot; however, I have never seen that "puzzle piece" light blue symbol that seems to be tied to your elevation symbol. What is that? And, maybe you have the "Annotation Crop" activated?

Hmmmmm
Steve

clog boy
2007-10-04, 01:41 PM
The puzzle thingie means it's part of a workset.
It appears to me that the clip plane is dragged too far behind the elevation symbol, judging from the green lines.
Is it in a different phase?

RobG
2007-10-04, 03:12 PM
no, it's not a workset problem.
oddly enough, i can see them on the second floor, but i can't see ANY of the blue cut planes when i select an elevation tag on the first floor. So i know it's not all the way out of view. There's no cropping of the view or anything. it's happening to ALL my elevation tags on the first floor. this is driving us nuts!

cphubb
2007-10-04, 06:48 PM
Does the elevation intersect the view range of the first floor?

SCShell
2007-10-05, 01:22 AM
Hey there,

When it really drives you nuts....send it in! I just got done sending one of my projects to the factory and got it resolved in less than 30 minutes. Hardest part was logging into the FTP site they created for me to upload the file (60MB).

Good luck
Steve

dbaldacchino
2007-10-05, 06:37 AM
Have you tried applying a view template from another project that doesn't have this problem? See if that works.

PALOBREA
2018-09-26, 06:44 PM
Hi, I just experienced this and it turns out it is part of the view template. Tried to attach an screen shot. hope this helps

VIEW TEMPLATE > FAR CLIPPING > CLIP WITH LINE