PDA

View Full Version : Roof From Mass

mccurdyks
2007-10-03, 06:37 PM
Any help with the attached file? I would like to know why Revit won't make the curve portion of the roof from mass (in the left of the image). I've tried splitting into smaller subsets, but it won't generate. And the most frustrating part is that the roof is generated (I can see it), but I get an error than the geometry can't be generated.

Any workarounds. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-03, 08:15 PM
The curve at the SW corner of your mass is too tight for Revit to reconcile using the roof assembly you've created.
If you create a roof of only 1/4" thickness you won't get that error message.
I'm not sure if you can re-wok your mass to make that curve a little more subtle.

What release are you using?

mccurdyks
2007-10-03, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but no go. I took it down to a 1/4" thick, single layer and it still wouldn't generate. Just gives the generic "can't make roof" error. Not too enlightening.

Project is in 9.1.

Kevin

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-04, 12:04 AM
Any chance you can upgrade to RAC2008? Judging by how you've constructed your roof the new roof tools might be of benefit to you.

mccurdyks
2007-10-04, 11:21 AM
This project is just too far along (weeks away from completion) to fuss with an upgrade. We've got other projects in 2008. I'll wait until I get the chance to hop onboard those to explore the tools. You've peaked my curiosity. What I saw earlier in 2008 when I was setting up our 2008 projects with tapered insulation, etc. wouldn't help me out (I don't think).

Thanks for you suggestions.

Kevin