PDA

View Full Version : why is my sweep not being cut....?

ntnik
2007-10-07, 08:17 PM
All of the windows and doors are cutting my wall and sweeps like i want. I have a condition at an entry door where my sidelites touch my door and there is a space between the lites and door that remains uncut by the door and window. I have a PDF now, thanks.

jtobin.68416
2007-10-07, 09:22 PM
If the space between the lites and the door is still a piece of wall, that would be normal. (Not sure if that's the situation you describe without the PDF.)

luigi
2007-10-07, 09:25 PM
There are a couple of things to note...
Make sure that the property of the sweep shows it being allowed to be cut (sounds like not your problem)
If the door and sidelite is one component, then the opening of the door and the sidelite must be different, and possibly they are not sharing the same edge, so it won't cut that part of the wall that is between the door and the sidelite
Similar issue is when the door and sidelite are 2 different families, and like above, are not really sharing the same edge....If you move the sidelite closer to the door, does the piece of the wall disappear?

Unless you post an image, it may be difficult to help (in regards to attaching a file, have you clicked on "Manage Attachments" under the Attach Files section, below your post?

All of the windows and doors are cutting my wall and sweeps like i want. I have a condition at an entry door where my sidelites touch my door and there is a space between the lites and door that remains uncut by the door and window. I made a PDF to show condition but can not figure out how to post it.

jtobin.68416
2007-10-07, 11:15 PM
I see the PDF now.

It looks like they are separate familes, and there's a piece of wall in between them, so the sweep behavior is normal.

You can create a family of the doors with the sidelights nested inside.

Then again, If you need to keep the wall in between the doro and sidelight, but don't want the sweep, you might be able to try an in-place family void to cut the sweep, but I've never tried it.

John Tobin