PDA

View Full Version : Existing wall = heavier surface pattern lines?

patricks
2007-10-08, 01:46 PM
I just noticed that when I zoom in close in an elevation or section view, the brick surface pattern on my walls appears as thicker lines on existing walls to remain, and thinner lines on my new walls.

I checked my Existing phase graphic overrides, and I do have projection set to weight 3 and cut set to weight 5, to make existing walls more readable in plan. But why does this override affect the surface pattern of walls? In general object styles, I have new walls set to 5 projection and 7 cut, but that has no effect on the surface pattern line weight of new walls.

Is this another bug?

SkiSouth
2007-10-08, 07:04 PM
Does it also print/plot heavier, or is it only on the display as heavier?

glynnis.patterson
2007-10-09, 01:23 PM
Hi there,
I believe you've stumbled upon a hardwired Revit setting, though I'd love to be wrong. In our online Revit 201 class on Phasing we cover two possible workarounds for this issue:

1) use the Phase Filter= Show Complete - this will cause both bricks to look the same (lighter lineweight)

OR

2) use the Paint tool to apply the Phase-Exist material to the surface of the existing wall in the Elevation view - this will cause the existing brick walls to display without the brick pattern

Regards,
Glynnis Patterson
Ideate Inc.
http://www.ideateinc.com/educate/online/revit201/index.html

carlosb.101393
2007-10-09, 03:17 PM
I have the same issue, and they print the same as you see on the screen.