PDA

View Full Version : Model objects on View Worksets

Steve_Stafford
2004-08-13, 05:08 PM
We have an open support request in on this topic. Anyone else been able to accomplish this yet? We have a couple of projects now that I've found model objects on a view workset.

It's very strange and I suspect that it is related to "copy and paste" somehow, no proof yet. We've submitted two projects to support so far so they can analyze it.

Not a huge problem because you can get around it easily. "Cut" the object(s) to clipboard and "Paste same place" will fix it. Make sure you have the workset you want current first though.

JamesVan
2004-08-16, 01:11 PM
Steve,

We also had the same problem a while ago. As you stated, the simple fix was cut+paste aligned. Couldn't figure out how this happened as I wasn't the one doing the work at the time.

Wes Macaulay
2004-08-16, 02:34 PM
That's a weird one, guys :shock:

I'll keep my eyes open for it! Which build are you on?

ahamilton
2008-10-08, 08:55 PM
hate to dig up old threads but still an issue in Revit 2009 build:20080915_2100

any ideas on the what why and how?

Chad Smith
2008-10-08, 10:14 PM
I can confirm that it still exists in 2009. I had a curtain wall on a View workset. I didn't think that this was possible. I had a hell of a time and a few hours just to get the object deleted.
I think in the end I just kept tabbing until I was able to select the object in a way that enabled me to delete. Was all very wierd.

ahamilton
2008-10-09, 02:56 PM
we have used the copy->paste to same place to limited effect. however we have numerous items on these 'View' worksets and the copy paste removes all references, tags, and dimensions to the object

Steve_Stafford
2008-10-09, 03:19 PM
I haven't encountered this in a long time but apparently it still happens. As pointed out the cut/paste approach resolves the workset assignment issue but "cut" removes the element from the database and "paste" creates a new element in the database. Any annotation that references these cut/pasted elements will have to be placed again.

I believe that Autodesk needs more data in order to determine what causes this to happen. For example does this happen on a brand new 2009 project? Does it happen on upgraded projects. Does it happen in a project that started fresh in 2008 and has not been upgraded? Does it happen because it was upgraded? More clues... :smile:

ahamilton
2008-10-09, 03:47 PM
thx for the check in - the File was created in Revit 2008 last year then upgraded to 09 with subsequent build releases since. a couple months ago i did a workset review for my team and cleaned the file putting everything on their correct worksets no object found. these objects occured in the months after said clean up. I hope that helps. Our CAD manager has an open ticket with Autodesk, yet we have heard nothing back.

File is 112,137kb avg team is 6 users. Network stored Central File users working in locals. Win XP 32bit. avg workstation are Intel Core Duo 6400 with 3gig ram.

rparr
2008-12-17, 11:38 PM
I just had the same problem, but luckily I've only found two objects (so far) - and I was successfully able to copy/paste to change the workset. Thanks for the help!

For statistics sake: My file began in Revit Building 9, then upgraded to RA2008 and is now in RAC2009. The elements were soffit walls assigned to the RCP view workset, but I am not sure whether they were created in the 2008 model before the upgrade, or if they were created in the 2009 file.

chodosh
2008-12-18, 12:44 AM
First time I saw this was on a file that was begun in R9, upgraded twice and sent to Autodesk for full rebuild after our upgrade to 2008 resulted in disaster. It came back healthy, but with objects on the View Workset, but I don't remember having to cut and paste. They showed up in 3D Views, I found them when I was running a QC on the file in question. I remember just grabbing the objects and making them editable and swapping them over the correct workset. Also an open ticket with Autodesk as far as I am aware. I jotted something in my notes about the objects in question being the same ones I had addressed in a previous QA and moved to correct worksets for their purposes in the database (e.g. a Door that was on Shared Levels and Grids, a Wall that was on Casework, etc.). Thanks for the tip about cut/paste.
-LC