PDA

View Full Version : Stair showing thru floor

sjsl
2007-10-09, 03:14 PM
Have a new stair w/a floor opening and part of it shows thru the floor even though the floor is turned on, graphics are ok (I think), no view regions are used.

Any thoughts?

PS didn't try Hidden lines

SkiSouth
2007-10-09, 11:35 PM
Are you saying that the stair is properly created, but the riser/treads are showing through the floor itself (normally obsured by floor construction and not shown) on the run under the floor, and not that the stair is showing in the floor opening (properly)? Does it show the same in a 3d view? (thinking there might be some lines gone astray?) And you're not in wireframe view (I've done that before).

jtobin.68416
2007-10-10, 01:15 AM
I believe this is a known issue with RAC 2008. We've had this issue of transparent floors and stairs crop up in 2008 projects.
We can fix the floor issue, but still see sporadic stair problems.

As far as I know, it's stiil a bug in the curent build/release, (but I'm hoping someone will correct me)

John Tobin

sjsl
2007-10-10, 03:08 PM
No bug, just lousey User input.

Ths View was set to Wireframe. :)

After years of use one still looks to complexity before obvious.

pdickman
2007-10-17, 02:42 PM
I seem to be having this problem too. I checked in 3D and found no extra lines. When I cut and paste the stair and slab into a new project, I don't have the problem. I tryed erasing, then pasting back in my building, but tje problem is still there. I am baffled and clueless. Any help out there?

thanks

sjsl
2007-10-17, 03:37 PM
Are you floors turned on?

pdickman
2007-10-17, 03:41 PM
Yes- the the floor surface hat a cross-hatch pattern on it (in the pdf).

david.fannon
2007-10-17, 08:05 PM
Not sure if this is your issue, but we had a similar problem because somebody had used a color fill on the plan. Even though the key was subsequently deleted, 2008 let the view retain that setting.