PDA

View Full Version : Wall Construction

pwmsmith
2004-08-13, 08:02 PM
Can separated layers in a 'wall type' go verticall to different elevations?

m_cahoon14336
2004-08-13, 08:30 PM
Yes they can. Look at wall type properties. Edit structure to Edit Assembly. Select preview Section.
You will have to study it a little, but by working with wall sweeps, for instance you can extend the brick veneer componant from the base wall elevation down to the top of a footing.

pwmsmith
2004-08-13, 11:06 PM
What I'm trying to do is indicate the gyp bd on the inside just past the ceiling and leave the block exposed to the next floor. Can I do this? I know where you are talking about but do not understand how to accomplish limiting vertical componets.

sfaust
2004-08-14, 12:19 AM
If you select the wall, go into the properties, hit edit/new to get into the type properties, and then hit the edit button next to structure. This will give you a dialog box to edit the structure. At the bottom left there is a preview button, hit that and you will see a plan cut of the wall, there should also be a drop down so you can change it to section rather than plan.

when you change to a section preview, several buttons will become "un-grayed" - Hit the modify button. you will be able to then zoom in on the top of the wall and select the top face of each layer. when you do, a lock will pop up. If you unlock it, that layer will be able to be controlled separately from the rest of the wall.

In order to change it, you can either use a section drawing and tab until you get the top of that layer and then move it, or you can adjust the top extension distance in the element properties.

hope that helps...

p.s. this works the same way with the bottom of layers...

p.p.s. for now all the unlocked layers have to be adjacent to each other. i.e. you can't have a gyp on metal stud wall with the gyp board on each side unlocked but not the stud. Hopefully we will be able to do this soon...