PDA

View Full Version : Removal of extra curved lines when plotting

kberger
2007-10-09, 11:02 PM
I am using Autocad 2007 and I am creating 3D solid models. When I print these models in paper space (with the viewport set to hidden) I get a lot of extra lines in the curves of the models. I can switch to 3D hidden and it plots like a very clean rendering. How do I get rid of the extra lines when plotting in hidden mode only. I have tried playing around with the isolines - no luck. Also, I use MVSETUP for setting my viewports. Any help would be appreciated.

jaberwok
2007-10-10, 12:32 PM
Try setting the variable DISPSILH to 1.

JD Mather
2007-10-21, 01:40 PM
And why you are at it also increase facetres=10

Arben.Allaraj
2007-10-21, 02:31 PM
I am using Autocad 2007 and I am creating 3D solid models. When I print these models in paper space (with the viewport set to hidden) I get a lot of extra lines in the curves of the models. I can switch to 3D hidden and it plots like a very clean rendering. How do I get rid of the extra lines when plotting in hidden mode only. I have tried playing around with the isolines - no luck. Also, I use MVSETUP for setting my viewports. Any help would be appreciated.

I think when you create a vports to visual style choose 2d wireframe.

christina.mccaffery
2007-10-24, 05:58 PM
you need to go into the viewport and then open up visual styles manager. In there you can a few things. that should help them go away.I think i changed numbers in the edge modifier section. I can't quite remember. (just copy the 3d hidden style and change the copy so you can go back to the original if needed)

fhoffnar
2007-11-09, 09:47 PM
Keep in mind that using Visual Styles, other than the default 2d, create many problems in paper space (can't use line types, no more plot styles, view port objects float and change scale, etc..)

Best option if you're serious about laying out 3D work is to use SOLPROF or FLATSHOT. SOLPROF is better for lots of objects. FLATSHOT is probably better for 1 or 2 solids only.