PDA

View Full Version : Another precast panel question

rupertv
2007-10-10, 01:08 PM
Hi there to everyone out in revitland...

i see there's another thread regarding precast panels, but i didn't want to hijack that thread with my question...

we're about to start a multi-storey office building and i'm re-doing the revit model to make sure that everything works 100% correctly so that we can do ALL stages of the project in revit...

the facades have a portion that consists of precast panels with glazing over (see attached image)...for presentation purposes i did these as curtain walls....but this creates all sorts of issues with regards to scheduling...the panels are all relatively consistent so in width and completely consistent in height....

my question is what would be the best way to go about this...building the entire wall as a complete family and making different types for the varying widths, or keeping the precast wall and the window/glazing seperate?

any comments/suggestions would be appreciated...

sbrown
2007-10-10, 01:29 PM
I think curtain wall is the way to go.

rupertv
2007-10-10, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Scott....my worry with using curtain walls is the scheduling of the glazing/windows/shopfronts/whatever you want to call the clear panels, as i've read about the problems with scheduling them...or am i missing something?

dhurtubise
2007-10-10, 08:11 PM
Like Scott mention, go with CW. Use a paramater to filter (Or even the family name if it's a custom panel) out the uneeded ones.

aggockel50321
2007-10-11, 01:40 PM
Another option might be to model the panel as a wall based family, which you could schedule separately. Then create a short wall with the glass currtain wall above, and stick them on....

sbrown
2007-10-11, 06:54 PM
There are sep templates for curtain wall doors and windows, if you use those for those pieces, set them to shared and nest them into your other panels you should be able to schedule them separetly.