PDA

View Full Version : Revit RCP Display

jeff.richards
2007-10-10, 05:21 PM
Revit Guru's

I have been working on this for two days. We have a large transpo building with various rooms. Each includes walls, doors, floors, etc. When I create a new Ceiling plan, and create a Ceiling object, it’s not visible. I have checked the visibility graphics, view range, levels, etc. I even copied the project file off to a new location, disconnected it form central and began deleting items in an attempt to view the ceilings. Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

aggockel50321
2007-10-10, 05:42 PM
Some thoughts:

In order to find it, have you tried cutting a section through the ceiling area, and looking there?

Or going to a 3D view and turning off or make transparent items that block where you believe the ceiling to be.

Or, does the ceiling belong to a workset that's shut off in the view.

dhurtubise
2007-10-10, 08:03 PM
Do you get any kind of warning ?

jeff.richards
2007-11-09, 04:44 PM
Sorry this took so long.

I found that no matter what I did I couldn't get the RCP's to show. Fianlly, I noted that there was an existing RCP view that had been created by default when the first plan view was created. I selected that view, and low and behold, the RCP information showed up. I think that the problem had to do with the level templates available when creating a new RCP. All of the defaults were gone, and I believe that our own level's are some how causing the problem, although I haven't yet isolated it.

Thanks Again for the responses. I will post with any new findings as they come.