PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Linework in Topography on Elevations

fyarch135738
2007-10-12, 04:54 PM
I have a problem where the horizontal lines that are visible on the topography in elevations are displayed as very heavy lines when printed. I've thought of a number of things to try to make these lines light, but haven't had any luck. When I switch on "Thick Lines" I can see how heavy those lines are in comparison to the lines of the rest of the drawing.

Does anyone know how to make these lines light in lineweight so they don't dominate the drawings? I presume these are contour lines that show on the topo surface.

This next part may well be linked, or it could be a separate question. When I first tried to import a topographic drawing from Autocad, I probably did so about 4 times before I actually found it in Revit. I've been able to delete some of them, but I think there are 2 left and I'd like to get rid of them. I've tried to find them in the drawings without luck and I thought I might be able to delete them in Visibilty/Graphics Overrides > Imported Categories, but no luck there either.

I was wondering if the heavy lines might be overlays of the 2 remaining imported topos, but I doubt it. I'd appreciate if someone could advise how to delete those old topos.

Frank Y

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-12, 05:35 PM
The lines you're seeing are probably the contours. They are controlled by the projection weight under model category Topography/Primary Contours.

You can control how frequently these lines show up under the Settings/Site Settings menu.

If you 'linked' the dwg file when you first brough it into Revit then you can find it using Manage Links on the File menu. If you imported the dwg using the 'Current View Only' option you are basically reduced to hunting it down by opening the view it was imported into.

You will see imported dwg's as thick lines in elevation because you are essentially looking at the drawing from the side. If you select it you'll be able to see what it is in the status line.

fyarch135738
2007-10-12, 07:17 PM
Dimitri

You're a saint!!!

I did all of the things you mentioned and they worked!!

I found the 2 rogue imported site plans (one was way outside the viewport) by turning off all of the Model and Annotation categories in Visibility/Graphics Overrides.

I went into site settings and changes the frequency of contours to 2' - probably not necessary, but great to know how to do that.

I went into Topography > Primary Contours and changed the lineweight to 1 and even when I put on "Thick Lines", those contour lines behaved themselves and stayed thin.

Thanks very much.

Frank Y