PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Fixture in Roof

mmiles
2007-10-15, 05:45 PM
Hi all:

I have parametric track light fixture that I am building family for and for the most part it is doing what I want it to in regard to lenght, and arraying model lines to indicate number of fixtures (no this do not yet include a real lamp). But, I am having one problem:

in our house project we are dropping ceilings in most case, but in some our ceilings are furred just below the roof joists and the lights in those areas are recessed inbetween joist. The model is a generic roof, and when the light family intersects the roof in those locations, the family does not display properly (see attached image). Any ideas why this is a problem?
How will I show the "in-between joist lights", otherwise?

TIA.

Calvn_Swing
2007-10-15, 08:56 PM
In this case, I think you need to either (a) join the roof and the ceiling object using the join tool (if it will let you) or (b) Remove the "joists" layer from the roof entirely and actually model joists as structural members. (I'd do the latter if you're really trying to tuck a lot of stuff into the space between joists...)

mmiles
2007-10-16, 05:24 AM
I gave Joining a try, but it would not let me join the lightfixture and the floor. I am not sure it is worth me modeling the floor and roofs with individual members (we are trying to finish our sets). I will try cuts some other way....or just working with detail lines to expedite things.

Actually, I ended up hiding the floor above, in the RCP and the fixtures appeared as expected...hmm, not sure if that is what is intended, but it worked- for this instance, at least.