PDA

View Full Version : ADDING HORIZONTAL LINE IN TEXT NOTES

Michelle Gibson
2007-10-16, 02:08 PM
Probably an easy answer, but I have yet to find it.

I just want to do a text box that summarizes the gross floor area per floor, then add a horizontal line before I do the final total. I tend to move the text box around, so if there is a way to have the line within the text, I would love to be able to do that.....

thanks.

dfriesen
2007-10-16, 04:04 PM
...if there is a way to have the line within the text, I would love to be able to do that.....
While editing the text, select the text you want underlined, then look to the options bar - far right is underline. That's the best we can do.

Thomas Dean
2007-10-16, 04:54 PM
Draw a detail line where you want it, then select it and the text and hit the group button. This will turn it into a detail group that will move together. Another benefit to this is that you can place it in multiple views/sheets and they will always update together.

Thomas

Melarch
2007-10-17, 10:40 AM
Would a schedule work for you in this instance, although as Thomas posted in his response his method could be placed on many views, where as a schedule can only be placed on one view at a time.

To create a schedule of gross floor areas, first create a Gross Area floor plan for each level. YOu can use area boundary lines to adjust any inconsistencies for the gross floor areas as needed. The create a Gross Area schedule and list only gross area and in the Format tab select the Gross area field and check total areas.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and REalize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.

Michelle Gibson
2007-10-17, 11:50 AM
thanks everyone.

all suggestions work and I'm on my way!