PDA

View Full Version : How do I change the thick mark on dimensions

Wagurto
2004-08-15, 01:40 PM
I want to change the thick mark on dimensions how do i do that. Please explain th whole process please.

Arnel Aguel
2004-08-15, 01:59 PM
Wagurto there are predefined tick marks that you can choose from under type properties. Basically most of those are standard tick marks which is suitable for any type of architectural or engineering drafting requirements.

However if what you are after is a customized tick mark then i think only the factory can change it for you since they belong to a system family (correct me if i'm wrong here).

Wagurto
2004-08-15, 05:50 PM
I would like to know how Jim did this?

jbalding48677
2004-08-15, 07:23 PM
You will need to create a new arrowhead. Go to Settings|Annotations|Arrowheads. Duplicate one of the diagonals. Use the diagonal "Arrowhead Style" and set the size to your preference; I think we used 3/32". Then use this arrowhead in your dimensions. We set our "Tick Mark Lineweight" to 7.

HTH -

Wagurto
2004-08-17, 03:47 PM
Jim:
Is there anyway to change the default pen assigment 7 to a bit less? I dont see how to change that option, it is not a lineweight or aobject style what exactly the tick id?
thanks

PeterJ
2004-08-17, 09:10 PM
It is possible. The pen settings are scale based, so a 7 at 1:100 might be .5mm and at 1:50 say .7mm. It is quite well described in the help files if you take a look under lightweights.

jbalding48677
2004-08-17, 09:53 PM
Jim:
Is there anyway to change the default pen assigment 7 to a bit less? I dont see how to change that option, it is not a lineweight or aobject style what exactly the tick id?
thanks

Or set the pen to 6 or 5 or whatever works for you...

Wagurto
2004-08-18, 12:26 AM
Jim:
That's exactly my question how do I change the lineweight to 6 or 5? the option it is grey out in thetype property dialog. Is there anyway to change that and where is it?
thanks

SkiSouth
2004-08-18, 01:51 AM
Jim:
That's exactly my question how do I change the lineweight to 6 or 5? the option it is grey out in thetype property dialog. Is there anyway to change that and where is it?
thanks

Somewhat confusing isn't it? It under the Settings pulldown, Annotations, Dimensions, Then your dimension style, Angular, Linear or Radial, and the magic words are on the third line down ":Tick Mark Line Weight" - have at it...

Haden
2008-03-09, 02:00 AM
under the Settings pulldown, Annotations, Dimensions, Then your dimension style, Angular, Linear or Radial, and the magic words are on the third line down ":Tick Mark Line Weight" - have at it...

That makes sense, but I think what some of us are looking at is under Settings - Annotation - Arrowheads...and find the "Heavy end penweight" option, which is grayed out. It seems odd that this is even here, since you actually change the width of the tick in the dimension settings rather than the arrowhead settings apparently....

Also the problem I first ran into here is that when I set the tick size to 3/32" it is actually more like 1/8", so I found I have to set it to 1/16" in order for it to actually measure 3/32" in length. :screwy: Anyone else notice this?

patricks
2008-03-10, 12:38 PM
Yeah I have recently changed that tick mark in our template. We were using the Diagonal 1/8" tick mark at weight 5 which looked much too large to me. I changed it to Diagonal 1/16" at line weight 4.

Oh yeah, line weights for annotations are scale independent. The line weights are always the same in every view, project-wide.