PDA

View Full Version : New Build Comments (moved from new build announcement)

sfaust
2007-08-22, 11:06 PM
thanks, looks good. A few good little enhancements there...

How does one control the temp dim size, though?

Andrew Dobson
2007-08-23, 02:54 PM
Thanks Scott,

Presumably you cant answer this question, but will there be a 2008.1 release or just yearly releases from now on?

sfaust
2007-08-23, 03:14 PM
cool, thank you.

SkiSouth
2007-08-23, 03:35 PM
Scott - I'll echo - its really good to be able to see those temp dimensions again!!

Matt H
2007-08-23, 03:56 PM
There will be NO point releases anymore. Autodesk is focusing their efforts on Annual releases for the time being.

SkiSouth
2007-08-23, 06:58 PM
note: Matt's answer is based on Scott Latch's response in this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=66459&page=2)

Matt H
2007-08-23, 07:33 PM
Yes it is! ahah

clog boy
2007-08-28, 06:11 AM
What, again? Just got around installing last week's yesterday!
Something else I don't know it's new or not, but the line-thickness on screen changes when you turn scales. It's a really cool feature that really gives you a feel of the eventual drawing, we'll just have to check if it matches our fancy plotter tho.

List of improvements, anyone?

vennix
2007-08-28, 07:30 AM
One thing, not listed as far as I have seen.
The communication center now works for me in the netherlands.
It did not.

ws
2007-08-28, 11:52 AM
thanks Vennix,

I have just tried enabling the comm center after installing this latest build (or SP2 as it now seems to be termed)...

and yes, it now also works in the UK

(just what you want on return from holiday... a new build of Revit... and it would appear a redesigned forum? ;-))

BWG
2007-08-29, 02:11 PM
Size is good, but can you make the temp dimension text opaque? Even though the text is larger, it gets hidden behind other things, like text.

cstanley
2007-08-29, 03:20 PM
thank you for the temp dim adjustment! it works great! i can now relax my eyes just a bit.

oynesonline
2007-08-30, 10:52 AM
I am experiencing that the views turn black when I hover the mouse over the models(this happens in floor plans as well as 3d views).

anybody else seen this?

Anfield
2007-08-30, 01:25 PM
Is it me or does this patch take hours to install?

I'm only on 27% after 3 hours.

ws
2007-08-30, 04:34 PM
Is it downloading the content as well?

Unless you tick the box in the installation configuration to 'Skip Content' the installation will re-download all the content, as far as I know.

I usually put that off until a quiet (and non-chargeable) time on my broadband connection.

Anfield
2007-08-31, 07:53 AM
I didn't uncheck any boxes so that would explain it.

It sped up towards the end - about 6 hours total installation time on a medium broadband connection.

AL

jeff.95551
2007-09-01, 10:45 PM
I just installed the update and I've got a new bug...
Seems that on RCP's filled regions are actually masking regions and masking regions are still masking regions... doesn't matter what fill I put in there, the fill is white... is that a new issue?

todd.69291
2007-09-02, 08:19 PM
Me too.
Thanks for the update.

ejburrell67787
2007-09-04, 01:03 PM
Using a central file with multiple local files (worksets) does every user have to be using the same build? And does someone need to open the central file and re-save it from the new build?

sbrown
2007-09-04, 05:06 PM
They should be. It can cause problems due to slight changes between builds.

clog boy
2007-09-10, 12:01 PM
One issue that still hasn't been solved: quirky shadows with OpenGL activated (black traces of darkness... me likes but my employers don't). But perhaps my graphics adapter doesn't support OpenGL that well..? (it's an NVidia Quadro 340 XGL)

Just wondering since OpenGL support is supposed to be improved with the new build.

ws
2007-09-10, 01:35 PM
The OpenGL saga in Revit is one of the weirdest things I've come across in cad.

They certainly seemed to have improved stability over the past couple of releases but I never had much of a problem anyway no matter what graphics card I used - Nvidia Quadro or Ati FireGL.

FWIW the only tiny piece of encouragement on Revit and graphics is the Ati unified driver page which says that the latest drivers (8.391.2.1.1) if set to Default in the listed cards will identify certain applications automatically and configure any necessary settings without user intervention.. and Revit is on the list (scroll down the page to the table).
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/firegl/firegl8.391.2.1.1.html#206079

david_spehar
2007-10-08, 06:04 PM
Has anyone experienced a problem with creating new families? A couple of us on the new build have lost the ability to create families (insert your own joke here). If I go "file - new - family" it just cancels out the command. Same thing with "file - new - titleblock or annotation symbol" but I can create new projects. We're trying to figure out if this is a build thing or another problem.

cdatechguy
2007-10-08, 06:07 PM
Has anyone experienced a problem with creating new families? A couple of us on the new build have lost the ability to create families (insert your own joke here). If I go "file - new - family" it just cancels out the command. Same thing with "file - new - titleblock or annotation symbol" but I can create new projects. We're trying to figure out if this is a build thing or another problem.
Been making families all week....no problems here. But how did you upgrade to the next build? Our IT guy actually uninstalled everything and the reinstalled the new build instead of installing it over the previous version.

ws
2007-10-08, 06:21 PM
Been making families all week....no problems here. But how did you upgrade to the next build? Our IT guy actually uninstalled everything and the reinstalled the new build instead of installing it over the previous version.

For reference, although I've also always taken this approach with cad app new versions over the years, it so happens with Revit I've upgraded every build since v9.1 and don't have any problems so far with family creation.

cdatechguy
2007-10-08, 06:24 PM
For reference, although I've also always taken this approach with cad app new versions over the years, it so happens with Revit I've upgraded every build since v9.1 and don't have any problems so far with family creation.
Yeah, same here....but this particular time our IT guy uninstalled first...before that I updated it myself on top of existing. So I had to redo all my settings afterwards. :|

DaveP
2007-10-08, 06:41 PM

My guess would be that your INI file no longer points at a valid path for your Family Templates
Check Settings...Options...File Locations...Default path for Family Templates.

Revit likes to just give up if it can't find the path. Same thing happens if you have a shortcut to a folder that doesn't exist. You click on it about 6 times before you realize it's not working right

david.kingham
2007-10-08, 07:05 PM
Actually it will just default to my documents if the path is invalid, I would recommended submitting a support request, it sounds like you may have a larger problem

david_spehar
2007-10-08, 08:25 PM
The .ini file is still pathed correctly and we installed the build like we've done other installations in the past. Sounds like this is obviously not a build related issue. Thanks for the responses.

Matt H
2007-10-15, 03:41 PM
Is there any word on if we're getting an update soon? Its been right around 2 months since the last one.... just wondered. :)

truevis
2007-10-15, 06:12 PM
They changed the name of the download to SP2_RAC2008.exe but it's still the same 20070810_1700 build as far as I can tell. Revit even says "Build: 20070810_1700" in About.

Did they do that just to worry us BIM manager types or what?

Matt H
2007-10-15, 08:38 PM
Most likely.... I would sure like to see some more fixes/updates though... I always look forward to updates... (autodesk people... feel free to chime in :) )