PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Material Annotation & Schedule

barathd
2004-08-15, 11:46 PM
I would like to be able to draw annotated (bubbles) leaders to my exterior finishes and then compile the information in an "Exterior Material Finish Schedule" which I would place on my "Elevations" sheet. How can this be done efficiently?

Thanks again.

Regards

Dick Barath

beegee
2004-08-16, 12:22 AM
I think Noteblocks (keynotes) will do what you want Dick.

Look them up in Help or search here.

barathd
2004-08-16, 12:29 AM
BeeGee:

I fail to see the obvious. All I need is say a number "1" to designate "acryclic stucco"
"2" - "painted concrete block" - etc. Simple and stupid would be ideal.

Thanks

Dick Barath

Prodev75
2004-08-16, 12:29 AM
Make the parameter in the keynote specific to exterior finishes and use the note block to display the info.

barathd
2004-08-16, 01:55 AM
Could someone please offer a simple explanation as to how I would insert a SIMPLE keynote? I am not familar with the concept at all - I am at a loss.

Regards

Dick Barath

beegee
2004-08-16, 03:23 AM
Hi Dick,

This is the procedure :-

Load keynote family from Annotations category.
Drafting tab > Symbol > select keynote > Edit Properties > Rename > Add Description / Add Keynote number > Add Arrowhead type.
Place Keynote symbol in view(s). may be placed repeatedly and in different views.
Select the keynote symbol > Edit Properties > Duplicate >Rename > Add Description / Add Keynote number > Add Arrowhead type.
Repeat the process for each Keynote type required.
View > New > Noteblock > Select Fields - Keynote number, description etc. Produce a Noteblock containing the Keynotes and Descriptions.
Place Noteblock on Sheets.
HTH.

barathd
2004-08-16, 04:00 AM
BeeGee:

Got it - crystal clear - thanks.

Regards

Dick Barath