PDA

View Full Version : Sloped glazing issue

tim.101799
2007-10-18, 01:49 PM
I am trying to model a skylight using the sloped glazing roof family. Unfortunatly the glazing panels are being justified towards the interior side of the assembly instead of the exterior side. With curtain walls and store front you can flip this orientation but I cannot find a way to do this with the sloped glazing. Any ideas? See the attached PDF

SCShell
2007-10-18, 02:20 PM
Hey there,
It has been a while since I played with these; however, you can still tab through to get to the Panel where you can adjust the glazing panel's location. This image was set to -2".
Good Luck
Steve

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-18, 02:29 PM
Check out this thread.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=68854&highlight=location+line+slope

Steve is right though. Just rework the offset value. No need to do it one panel at a time. Select the panels in a 3D view and you can change them all at once.

otoole_ronnie
2008-03-12, 11:06 PM
I had same problem and tried your solution. It worked but globally i.e. every curtain panel in project whether roof glazing or vertical changed, even the correct ones. Some workarounds I found:

1./ simple roofs mirrored (no copy) around centre axis solved problem
2./ individual selection of panels on complex roofs followed by one touch on 'edit' button flips panel from inside to correct outside location. Curiously it won't flip a correct panel from outside to inside.

I haven't yet tried to "duplicate type" to overcome the global change issue but this might also work.

' hope the above helps someone!

WYSIWYG-BIM
2011-09-09, 03:41 PM
Hey there,
It has been a while since I played with these; however, you can still tab through to get to the Panel where you can adjust the glazing panel's location. This image was set to -2".
Good Luck
Steve

Steve and Dimitri are correct. We just had this issue in RAC 2012 and the only workaround was to duplicate the wall type and rename, duplicate and rename the system panel with a negitive offset and set that as the new slaped glazing type to flip the entire glazing at one time. It worked perfectly and quickly.

You could also make a button to face flip and hand flip throug the API I would think (not experimented with programming yet) but then that would be a one-at-a-time solution.

It is too bad though that we even have to do this especially 5 or more releases later than first complained about - just sayin'.