PDA

View Full Version : Cannot add LEGEND to more than one sheet

iamreavis
2007-10-18, 05:54 PM
I have to duplicate view with detailing to get my legend on more than one sheet, and this seems like a very tedious way to do what I want. The help files say that legends can be added to more than one sheet but I'm stumped! Please can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

bpayne.126173
2007-10-18, 06:40 PM
I have never had that issue. Can you screen shot the error you get and post it. Include your project browser in the screen if you can.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-18, 06:40 PM
This might be an obvious question but is the legend in question a 'legend view'?

bpayne.126173
2007-10-18, 06:42 PM
My thoughts exactly, could be a drafting view.

iamreavis
2007-10-18, 07:13 PM
Please tell me I am just missing something basic...

bowlingbrad
2007-10-18, 07:39 PM
Try dragging from browser and dropping on sheets.

bowlingbrad
2007-10-18, 07:48 PM
Yes, this works.
I can duplicate your error.
Please file a support request. It looks like a bug to me!

iamreavis
2007-10-18, 07:58 PM
I can verify that dragging and dropping does indeed do what I want. I will file a support request to make them aware of what is going on.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-10-18, 08:12 PM
Please tell me I am just missing something basic...

Sorry, I had to ask.
I can't reproduce the problem and have never run across the issue. As Brad says, if you can reproduce the error in another project, file a support request.

Not sure if you've tried any of these tests but...
Copy all the legend elements to the clipboard and then paste them into a new legend view. See if the problem persists.
Try doing the same in a new project. Copy/paste the elements into a legend and see if it happens again.

iamreavis
2007-10-18, 09:15 PM
Dimitri - I've tried what you suggested (and the problem persists even in other projects), but I think the thing is that when I go to insert the legend view into a second sheet, the Add View To Sheet dialog simply no longer contains the reference to Legend: Legend1. I can, however, drag and drop the Legend1 view from the project browser onto as many sheets as I want, so at least it's not holding me up!

I filed a support request anyway and hopefully I'll get an answer soon. It's these little problems that i can't figure out that bug me the most for some reason...

acampusano673336
2011-07-08, 11:16 PM
Not to revive a 3+ year old thread but i'm having the exact same problem as the OP. Getting around it by dragging and dropping the legend but i'm wondering if anyone managed to find a solution to the original problem.

I'm on Revit Arch 2012.

patricks
2011-07-11, 09:34 PM
What's wrong with dragging/dropping? That's how I place ALL views onto ALL sheets. I NEVER use that "place view on sheet list". Man that's so tedious. Just open your sheet and drag whatever views onto it that you need.

IMHO that's the standard practice, not a workaround.